General Terms & Conditions
- Will perform all works and duties to a satisfactory standard expected from a contractor.
- Will provide all labour and materials except where specified in Client confirmation of work schedule.
- Agrees that any additional works to what has previously been quoted will be confirmed with the Client before completion.
- Understands that they are representing Client whilst carrying out works and therefore agree to observe an appropriate dress code, with the provision that Electro Services will not conceal its own logo on vehicles, uniforms or work equipment.
- Agrees to clean up and leave the premises in a tidy and satisfactory manner at the end of each day and when the works are completed.
- Will appropriately dispose of any rubbish or waste created due to works instructed.
- Agrees to report to Client any matters of importance regarding the Client’s property.
- Agrees to provide certificates in relation to professional indemnity and/or public liability and all appropriate certificates to confirm qualification in the trade (whenever required).
- When a summary quote is provided, it is inclusive of all charges.
- A minimum service charge of £120+VAT applies to all works.
- A survey visit, if necessary for quotation, is free if no work is carried out.
- Some projects where it is impossible to provide a fixed summary quote will be charged by the hour.
- For works charged by the hour, the following terms apply:
- The starting time is the time of arrival on site, unless the travel time exceeds 1h one way, in which case travel time as indicated by Google Maps will be added to the total time.
- A charge applies for every hour started. For example a job that starts at 8am and finishes at 11.35am will be charged as 4 hours.
- Time needed for the purchase of parts/materials shall be charged as work time.
- Start and end location used for travel time calculations will be typically EH54 8NR unless special circumstances apply.
- Electro Services Ltd applies FIRST COME FIRST SERVED system. If our Client’s preferred date has been booked by someone else earlier, the first available date will be offered.
- If a prompt payment discount is offered, it is valid for 5 working days from invoice date. If the payment is not received by the end of the 5th working day from the invoice date, the discount is canceled and the full price is applied.
- Payment at the full price must be made within 30 calendar days of the invoice date.
- After the 30th calendar day from invoice date, 20% annual compound interest will be added to the unpaid sum (each unpaid month interest will be added to last unpaid sum), in accordance with Late Payment of Commercial Debts (interest) Act 1998 as amended.
Normal Working Hours & Out-of-hours Charges
Normal working hours are:
Monday – Friday 8:00 – 17:00
Monday to Friday 17:00 – 8:00, Saturday and Sunday
50% surcharge applies (150% standard price is payable)